Sunday, October 5, 2008

The reading test

Luckily when I was rescheduling the dreaded reading test, I was able to reschedule it so that I didn't have to travel to Winnipeg and back - I was able to reschedule it to be at a local adult education centre.

It wasn't that different from the first time ... just eight months later in a different place. I made sure that I took all the time that I was possibly allowed to ensure that I didn't waste my time.

The one thing I remember about it was how long it took to get any results back. I mean, it only took about three weeks to find out that I hadn't passed the original test. In January 2003? I didn't hear anything in January or February. Surely they would let me know whether I had passed, or whether I would have to attempt the test again?

It took some phone calls and e-mails to confirm that I had indeed passed the test and that I didn't have to worry about it anymore. I was firmly on my way to success!

No comments: